No Game No Life 1: It Seems Gamer Siblings Will Conquer a Fantasy World (ノーゲーム・ノーライフ１ ゲーマー兄妹がファンタジー世界を征服するそうです, Yen On title: In This Fantasy World, Everything's a Game--and These Gamer Siblings Play to Win!) is the first novel of the No Game No Life (Series) series, written and illustrated by Yuu Kamiya. The first novel has been published by Media Factory on April 25, 2012.
There was an urban legend that there was a legendary, undefeated gamer called 『 』. However, it turns out 『 』 was just a NEET brother and sister named 空 (Sora) and 白 (Shiro). These hikikomori siblings, who both refer to the real world as a worthless "Kuso Game" (shit game), are one day summoned to a different world by a boy calling himself "God". In this world, war is prohibited by God and everything is instead decided by games...that's right, even country borders. Can the two NEET brother and sister save the last of the human race, Imanity, which only has one city left?
All the chapter names in this volume are names of chess titles.
- Prologue / プロローグ
- Chapter 1: Beginner / 素人≪ビギナー≫
- Chapter 2: Challenger / 挑戦者≪チャレンジャー≫
- Chapter 3: Expert / 熟練者≪エキスパート≫
- Chapter 4: Grandmaster / 国王≪グランドマスター≫
- Epilogue / エピローグ
- Major characters
- Minor characters
The following events are listed in the order which they appear in the light novel.
- Normal chess game between the siblings and Tet. (Winner: siblings)
- Tet transports the siblings to Disboard.
- Single hand poker match between Kurami Zell and Stephanie Dola. (Winner: Kurami)
- Single hand poker match between Sora and an unnamed middle-aged man. (Sora wins)
- Unknown game match between the siblings and three unnamed Imanity thieves.
- Rock-paper-scissors match between Stephanie Dola and Sora, where the latter can only play paper. (Draw)
- Coronation of Kurami Zell. (Interrupted by the siblings)
- Match of 'chess' between Kurami Zell and the siblings, where the chess pieces are animated to have wills of their own. (Siblings win)
- Coronation of the siblings (Interrupted several times by Sora and Shiro due to misunderstandings).
- Match of normal 'Old maid' between the siblings. (None succeeded to win twice in a row)
- Coronation speech by the siblings to the Imanity, which declared war against all other races.
- Compulsory rock-paper-scissors match between Sora and the Imanity ministers, where Sora plays scissors and all ministers are forced to play paper.